Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Pursah Logia on Proboards

There is such a thing as the right tool for the right job... and I have added a link just now to the links section of this site, which points to a forum on Proboards, where I collected the Logia of Pursah's Thomas Gospel, I'm going to refer to them over there, because the structure of that board lends itself to keeping them together by title. I'm still working on sorting them in order. From this point on, I will try to always use the link when I speak here about the PGoTh Logia, the Logia of Pursah's Thomas Gospel, e.g. Logion 1

Hopefully this way, I'll manage to keep the commentaries to the Logia more or less together, and people can of course contribute on that site as well. On this site I have consistently used tags for the Logia, whenever I discuss them individually, so that you can always find the comments again. I guess this is an experiment and we'll see how this evolves.

As a practical matter, most of the comments on the Proboards forum go back to a time well before I started writing the book, Closing the Circle. I will not be quoting the texts in full here, but you will be able to look them up on Proboards very easily.
Further, I'm removing the quotes from some of the other translations, just like I did with the book, to avoid any copyright issues. However in the links section on my Xanga page, there is a link to the Thomas translations that are available on-line, but I would like to mention again, that prior to giving Gary her edited kernel of the Thomas Gospel for Your Immortal Reality, Pursah had mentioned to him that her favorite translation was the Marvin Meyer edition, and that edition is not available on-line, but it is a lovely edition from HarperSanFrancisco (Marvin Meyer, The Gospel of Thomas). Many others are available on-line, and for some of those Marvin Meyer is a co-translator

No comments:

Post a Comment